Tux Paint – Open source drawing software
Tux Paint is a piece of software specifically created for children; this open source drawing software enables children to let their creative juices flow. Its unique user-friendly interface allows even the youngest children to have a great time creating vibrant and imaginative pieces of art. Along the journey of creating unique drawings, each child is given an empty canvas and an array of drawing tools to enable them to build amazing drawings without any stress involved. In order to ensure that the entire experience is a fun activity, each child is guided by a fantastically friendly animated mascot, as a way to keep them motivated and engaged with the ‘tux paint’ program.
Tux Paint Drawing Software For Children
Bill Kendrick, initially created tux paint in 2002, and since the date of the drawing programs launch numerous upgrades have been made, in an effort to ensure that even young toddlers have an easy time using the educational drawing software. Every aspect of the user interface is geared toward providing a seamless experience, for example; the program has enabled audible feedback and numerous sound effects to ensure that each user is prompted when something they are trying to do is not working for them. The simple explanation is provided so that every child can understand the instructions and get full use of this excellent program.
Key Features Open source drawing software
- Great user interface – The beautifully designed child-friendly interface enables every child to have the capability of creating wonderful drawings.
- Basic drawing tools – The drawing tool set includes tools to draw all sorts of lines, shapes, and text and of course the traditional paintbrush and eraser is available for any mistakes that need rubbing out.
- Advanced drawing tools- The drawing software is not limited to necessary tools; users have the ability to apply effects to their drawings, such as fading, blurring, and unique texturizing tools.
- Artwork and Photography tools – open source artwork and photographs can be placed inside of drawings using the ‘rubber stamp’ tool in the drawing program.
- Parental and teacher controls- Options are available to the programs admin user, allowing the child’s supervisor to disable such features as sound effects and screen modes.
- Files – Simple ‘Open’ and ‘Save buttons are designed to allow each user to keep their drawings and view them whenever they like.
- Printing – The children even have the option to print out their artwork easily so that they can share their drawings with friends and family.
- Languages- The software is universally understandable, and has been translated into numerous languages so that every child in a very country can have fun drawing.
- International characters – For those in countries where Roman numerals are not used, the drawing program has a text tool that allows language characters such as Sanskrit, Thai and Chinese to be easily used.
- Disable user-friendly – The drawing program accounts for every child, allowing such options as text size and unique mouse configurations to enable an enjoyable experience for every user.
- Mac OS X (10.4 through 10.9)
- Windows (Windows95 through Windows 8)
- Linux and other systems
Tux Paint is an excellent piece of software that universally allows children of all ages anywhere in the world to create unique drawings in a stress-free and fun environment.